How was your weekend? I got some serious recuperating done, but apparently not enough as I was still really tired this morning.
As I was praying this morning, I was thinking, “God, I am sooo tired. All I want to do is sleep!” Instead of magically granting me energy like I hoped for, He quietly whispered, “Take a nap, then.”
My first response was, Wait, what? Actually take some time to rest? But I should be productive! But I chose to listen to His call to rest and took a quick 30 minute nap with this guy.
I’m pretty sure Beans was thinking, “Stop taking pictures, mom, and keep napping with me!” It’s definitely not hard to talk myself into a nap when I’ve got this snuggle Bean.
Sometimes it’s really hard for me to give myself what I need most, like some rest time. This morning, as well as last week, has reminded me to focus on what’s most important in any given situation.
Last week was very revealing to me about how much I am focusing on what doesn’t really matter. Chores, cleaning, wasted time on the internet, worrying…
But what matters? My relationship with the Lord. Last week, I depended on Him so much and I was filled with peace instead of grief! I want that every week, not just once in a while.
I also realize over and over again that perfection is not something worth pursuing. Last week, all the tasks I normally would chase after to have a “better” life just didn’t matter given the situation in Boston. So why do I let little things matter so much the rest of the time?
It’s all about where I choose to focus. This week, I’m choosing to focus on what really matters. To me, that is:
- Time with the Lord. It’s priority. It’s not a backdrop to my “awesome life” that I live out. The Lord is my everything and I will live my life for Him – not the other way around.
- Loving people. Last week, many people reached out to me to make sure I was okay. This really showed me how many people in the world actually care about me. And it also showed me how bad I’ve been at keeping up with certain people. I want to focus on the people in my life, loving them in whatever ways they need.
- Choosing peace. Last week, I was riding on the Lord’s peace and it showed me how much I really need to focusing on that all the time. A lot of the time, I willing choose the not-so-peaceful route in hopes of getting a lot done. In the end, I put too much pressure on myself, and I’m not even listening to God’s cues in my life. His peace is totally worth putting aside my silly to-do list or whatever I dream up.
I’m also thankful I took some time to rest because I had energy for a workout. Before I napped, I was actually considering taking an off day. Normally, I would run on Monday, but it’s extremely windy, so I decided to pass. I didn’t know what to do, so I went on Pinterest to peruse, and I found this little gem.
This workout is no joke! Cardio, legs, arms, & abs all in one. It was really nice to switch things up today. I’ll definitely be doing this workout again.
I’ve got the day off, and I’m going to enjoy it and take it easy. Coffee, reading, and more snuggling with Beans is about all I’ve got on the agenda 🙂
Questions for You:
- What are you focusing on this week?
- Have you ever taken a nap not long after you’ve gotten up or am I the laziest person on earth? 😉