It’s been a long time since I did one of these posts! Last week was somewhat chaotic for me and just the past day or so has me finally feeling like I have my stuff together for the New Year. This kind of post was calling my name since I really utilized my Sunday to get back on track.
Sometimes it’s hard for me to get everything prepped on the weekends for the week ahead since I do the majority of my photo sessions on weekends and my husband’s schedule usually doesn’t line up with Monday being the start of the week for us. But I had no sessions this weekend and this week is a “normal” work week for hubby, so it gave us time to prep on Sunday like the rest of the world.
One of the biggest reasons I feel like I’ve been “off” lately is lack of workouts. Between my friend visiting and a trip thrown in there at the end of the year, workouts just fell to the wayside. I am so ready to have a consistent routine back for as long as I can manage through the rest of this pregnancy!
- Monday: leg day
- Tuesday: BODYPUMP
- Wednesday: BODYPUMP if my OB appt doesn’t take forever, if not, arms day instead
- Thursday: back/arms & cardio
- Friday: BODYPUMP
- Saturday: rest day
- Smoothies & toast/English muffins
- Oatmeal w/banana and PB
- Waffle with warmed cherries & chocolate chips/nutmeg on top
- Cereal & fruit salad
- Italian turkey wrap/sandiwch & fruit
- Snack plate: turkey, cheese, grapes, hummus, cucumbers
- Toasted PB & apple sandwich
- yogurt with wheat germ (does anyone else like wheat germ or is it just me?)
- fruit: apple, grapes, or banana
- protein bar or shake
I also seriously stocked our “snack pile” in the pantry. I feel like week after week, I run out of quick grab-and-go snacks for when Claire and I are out. I stocked up on protein bars (not great, but I crave them like crazy when pregnant), squeeze fruit pouches for Claire, a variety pack of Annie’s snacks, & we have fresh fruit that I cut up and prep in the fridge.
Almost all of this week’s dinner ideas were picked from AllRecipes Magazine. Love them!
Last night we had classic stuffed shells & steamed broccoli.
Not the healthiest meal ever, but I felt like freakin’ Martha Stewart because it had been so long since I’d cooked something legit in a while. And I had dinner ready and the kitchen spotless at the same time. The fact that we were actually eating a vegetable was a win too! 😉
- Monday: Balsamic pork loin, mashed potatoes, and brussel sprouts
- Tuesday: Brazilian Chicken with coconut milk
- Wednesday: leftovers or whip up a simple chicken pot pie
- Thursday: Grilled Veggie Pasta Salad <– this is absolutely amazing!
- Friday: Carrot Coconut Lime Soup
- Saturday: leftovers and probably shop this day
My to do list could easily go on forever, let’s be real. Each week I try to write out a to do list that I need to accomplish for just that week though, so I don’t get as overwhelmed (more about that tomorrow on my planner post!). So here’s what I need/hope to do this week.
- Finish editing two photo sessions – a family session & newborn session
- Clean out my car. I have roaches living in it now that it’s “cold” here… #HawaiiProbs
- Buy stamps & send some mail that’s been waiting
- Prep for a newborn shoot on Saturday
And not much else. This week isn’t that crazy. I want to make sure I have a lot of downtime this week and actually read the book I’m “reading” (aka, haven’t picked up in a week+) and do my devotional every night.
I hope you guys have a great week!
Questions for You:
- Are you “in your groove” yet for 2017 or has it taken a while?
- What one thing do you hope to accomplish or do this week?