We got another dumping of snow yesterday in New England. I think a lot of people thought we were getting lucky this year, as we had barely gotten any snow before the big storm last week. But I knew it was coming!
I grew up in Colorado, where getting 3 feet of snow was also a real possibility and not uncommon. But people in Colorado don’t seem to freak out about snow as much as people do here. Plowing definitely seems much more disorganized in Massachusetts and there’s really no where to put the snow.
So many people I know who are native to Mass act like the snow is such a big deal, though. Is it really a big surprise that an area in this climate gets a lot of snow, though? I’m sorry but I just don’t get it! I know it’s not convenient, but it really brings me down when people complain every time it snows, as if we are getting snow in Florida or something.
Anyway! Yesterday I was in the mood for something tropical despite the chilly weather.
I had also just seen a smoothie recipe that called for celery. I’d never tried it before but thought that sounded interesting.
Tropical Refresher Smoothie
- 2/3 cup fresh pineapple
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
1. Chop celery into 1 inch sticks.
To make this easier in the AM, I put the pineapple & celery in a baggie in the fridge the night before so it’s ready to throw in the blender.
2. Put all ingredients in the blender, adding fruit first, then liquids, & the protein powder on top.
3. Blend ingredients very well for at least 2 minutes. You cannot over blend this smoothie. You want to make sure the stringy pieces of celery and pineapple get liquefied.
I absolutely loved the celery as a green addition to this smoothie. I could tell there was celery in it, but it didn’t taste weird to me at all.
Questions for You:
- How do people react about snow where you live?
- Have you ever tried celery in a smoothie?