Good afternoon! It’s a sunny but really windy day here for me. I was thinking of taking Beans on a walk, but I’m afraid the wind would knock us both over! Instead, he’s my little blogging snuggle bug for the day 🙂
The end of my January resolution has finally come. I can hardly believe a whole month of 2013 is already over! Does anyone else feel the shock, or is it just me? While my original goals for January were mostly accomplished, the perfectionist in me wants to stomp out all my progress because it wasn’t perfect. Well, you know what, perfectionist? Forget that attitude. Today: I focus on accomplishment. In case you missed it, you can get up to date on all of my posts about my January goal on My Goals page.
What did I accomplish in January?
- I stuck with my workout program, tracking each workout on the workout log.
- I worked out 25 out of 31 days of the month (or 80% of the time)
- I did 15 strength and 15 cardio workouts.
- I ran about 20 miles.
Food & Diet:
- I tried the approach of planning one really good dessert or treat a week. I found this approach works much better for me than eliminating sweets altogether. Yes, I ended up having more than one sweet a week, but I feel like I got my sweet tooth way more under control.
- I tried a bunch of new recipes & started PBFinger’s Crockpot Challenge.
- I crave healthy foods like fruit and protein now over sugar and fat.
- I lost the holiday weight, not that it was that much 🙂
- I now feel “in control” again, realizing that I can not only plan but have any kind of diet I want.
- Tea is now one of my favorite go-to’s when I’m bored instead of food. I also find that tea really chills me out. Win!
This month was not perfect. It was not my best month of exercise or eating by any means. But I did what I set out to do as best as I could. And I’m choosing to be happy with the results instead of nitpicking over what inevitably didn’t go as planned. In a world where it is so easy to ruin my own accomplishments, I just have to say no to the negative thoughts I could have about my goals and choose to focus on the positive. Choose Happy, as Kacie would say 🙂 Not perfection.
I had a really great month focusing on getting back to healthy. I am not all the way there, but January was certainly full of progress. I can’t wait to reveal my plans for next month’s goal! Stay tuned!
- Questions for you: If you made a New year’s resolution, have you stuck with it? If not, do you allow yourself the room to breathe to accept your mistakes and embrace what you have accomplished? What kind of workout plan did you do in January?