A new month: a new goal! If you’re new to my blog, in January I decided to set one resolution for each month of the year. January was all about focusing on healthy choices. In February, I worked toward waking up early & sticking to a bedtime routine. You can catch up on all the posts about these goals on this page.
March is going to be all about focusing on my marriage.
On June 16th, 2012, I married my best friend. This means the hubs & I have been married for a little over 8 months or 258 days. What an amazing, life-changing, and wonderful 8 months it’s been! Sometimes I honestly can’t believe it’s been that long, but sometimes it also feels like just yesterday that we said our vows.
To focus on our marriage, my husband and I have come up with some specific goals to focus on our marriage and feed our relationship with love.
Our goals are:
– to cook one nice meal together at least once a week
– dedicate specific time to conversation (at least an hour) where we actively listen twice a week
– have our own date day, where we each get to pick the entire days worth of activities (1 day of the month, each)
– take a weekend trip together this month
Along with those goals, my personal goals are to:
– Read the Love Dare. I started this book last week, and can already say it’s AMAZING. It’s structured like a daily devotional with scripture and some devotional content. Each day ends with a “dare” for you to do something for your spouse or your marriage. It will last a total of 40 days, so I should finish the first week of April.
– Read the Power of a Praying Wife. I’ve read bits and pieces of this book before, but never the whole thing. There are 30 chapters/topics to pray about. My goal is to read it & pray about the topic once a day for the whole month.
– Pray. I also want to be generally more prayerful for my husband and our marriage for the whole month. Both of these books point me to topics and areas of our relationship that I can pray about. I’m really looking forward to seeing what God has in store for our marriage.
I’m really excited for this month’s goals. As I’ve been praying this week, I’ve already seen the Lord so willing to open doors in my marriage. 🙂 He is so good!
The hubs & I are going to go walk Beans and then go grocery shopping before we have some friends over for dinner. Should be a nice relaxing Saturday!
Questions for you:
- Have you ever done a relationship challenge or anything similar? What did you learn?
- What’s one food staple that you can’t stand to run out of? For us, it’s milk & eggs!