Hello! I hope y’all had a great 4th of July, my American friends. We had a great weekend and were lucky enough to make it a four day weekend for my husband. We went to a few barbecues, the beach, & just had a nice day in too.
I can’t believe Stella is three months already. We are officially not in the newborn stage anymore and it makes me so sad! She is definitely changing and growing so much!
Here’s my little 4th of July cutie!
Here is Claire’s 3 month update just for fun.
Some recent developments for her are…
- sleeps through the night sometimes! She had a good stretch of two weeks starting early last month of sleeping from about 9 or 10 until 6 or 7 in the morning. I’m literally blown away because my first baby did not sleep forEVER. I hope it lasts!
- Trying really hard to roll over but not quite there yet, her arm is always in the way.
- We tried having her sleep in her crib and unswaddled and she slept through the night that night!
- She just started cooing and makes some gurgling noises. She smiles a lot now.
- Went in the ocean for the first time over the weekend. She didn’t seem to like it but also didn’t hate it either.
- Got her ears pierced this weekend just like we did with big sister! She did great.
- Barely fits in 0-3 month size stuff and mainly wears 3-6 right now and is in size 2 diapers.
In general she is a happy baby, but she seems to go from totally content to emergency-feed-me mode with no warning. So when she is unhappy, it’s kind of a big deal!
She also has a fussy period once or twice a day that it just seems like she doesn’t want anything but she won’t calm down. I thought for a while that she might have colic. I think she is “colicky” but may not have full blown colic. If you go by the “rule of 3’s” thing (3 hours a day/3 days a week for more than 3 weeks) she does fit that bill.
So even though she’s “chill” we still have lots of crying going on over here. We tried everything from gas drops, cutting dairy, and reflux meds but nothing has had a lasting impact. I have seen slight improvement in her recently so I hope she’s just growing out of it and it’s a developmental thing.
She also has to have her diaper changed as soon as it’s wet or dirty. She really really does not like dirty diapers! So I feel like we are going through wayyy more diapers than I ever did with Claire. I am actually not cloth diapering this time either, so the sheer amount of diapers we buy and go through is still kind of shocking to me. I wish I could make cloth work, but our diapers seem to have permanent stink and leak issues and I just don’t really feel like messing with it this time.
I had some major mom guilt about this since we already invested in them (so why not just use them?!) and even considered writing a whole post about it. In the end, as long as my kids have clean diapers on, I just don’t care though. So Pampers all the way!
Sometimes, I am blown away at just how much I love her. There was just such a big stigma about “will I love this baby just as much as my first?” And yes, yes I do. I could have 10 babies and love them all just as much!
I already can’t imagine our family without her. She just fits right in so naturally. I feel so lucky to be her mom and that she is a healthy happy little girl!
Questions for You:
- What’d you do for the 4th?