My first thoughts upon waking today were “what really awesome thing can I make for breakfast?” For some reason, Saturday just calls me to make something “special.”
That lone can of pumpkin puree in my cupboard was just calling to be used. It was definitely a pumpkin kind of morning!
I pinned this recipe for a pumpkin chai latte from Skinny Sometimes the other day. I keep hearing friends say how good pumpkin chai’s are from Starbucks, so this was something I just could not wait to try.
Awesomeness in a cup? Basically.
This latte is so sweet, creamy, and thick. I love it!
To fully utilize my opened can of pumpkin puree – because I definitely do not want that to go to waste – it was pumpkin pancake time. I’d never pumpkin pancakes before – what a shame! New favorite!
Topped with some extra pumpkin pie spice, butter, and syrup = heaven! A side of bacon definitely doesn’t hurt either. Thanks, hubby! 😉
Pumpkin Protein Pancakes
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (I use Fage)
- 2/3 cup oats
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use Designer Whey)
1. Heat a large skillet and spray with cooking spray.
2. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, coating the oats well.
3. Gently place batter on the skillet, making sure to make the pancakes not too thick. The thicker they are, the more likely they will never get done in the middle. I try to make mine a little thinner to avoid this.
4. Top with butter, cinnamon, syrup or whatever your heart desires & enjoy!
Serves 1. Makes 3 large pancakes.
I will definitely be enjoying these all fall long. It was kind of like warmed up healthier pumpkin pie for breakfast.
I’m headed to a workshop for work this morning, and then I’m going apple picking later. Have a great Saturday!
Questions for You:
- What’s your go-to Saturday morning breakfast?
- What goal are you working to accomplish by the end of September?