I realize that fashion is something that barely graces my blog. It’s something I’ve wanted to change for a while. I actually really love shopping and making cute outfits, but fashion tends to be on the back burner for me in a lot of ways.
Sometimes I feel like I don’t have time to really figure out what works for me with what I have available. This has been particularly challenging since getting pregnant too! I now have a limited wardrobe and all new clothes to deal with along with getting bigger every day.
I also feel like I tend to separate my “work clothes” from my “not work clothes.” I get bored with work clothes at times and am sad that I can’t wear my every day clothes more often. But by the time the weekend comes, unless we are going out, I usually don’t wear much of my non work clothes because I’d rather be in pajamas!
I’ve found that lately, I feel a lot more confident and have better days when I dress nicer. I’ve tried to be more mindful of what I’m wearing lately – check it out!
- Sweater: Target, $25
- Top: Kohl’s, Lauren Conrad
- Pants: Old Navy maternity slacks in black
Also don’t mind the giant box on the floor in all these pics… that’s our crib!
Funny, this outfit is a clone of the one above in terms of brands!
- Sweater: Target, last year
- Top: Kohl’s, Candee’s brand
- Pants: Old Navy Maternity (same as above but in tan)
- Shoes: Payless, Driving Penny Moc, $20
You can’t really see the shoes in this pic (or any of them!), but I just picked these up last week.
I wanted a comfier work flat since most my flats are really worn out & I’m kind of done wearing heels most days. They’re awesome!
We went out to dinner with some friends and I also went out to run some errands, so a cute outfit was in order.
- Hat: American Eagle, $15 – absolutely LOVE this hat.
- Scarf: Target, last year
- Sweatshirt/tank: H&M/American Eagle tank that’s super old
- Skinny jeans: Old Navy maternity, were given to me so pretty old
- Boots: Kohl’s, Candie’s brand, got for $50
I went to the gym early before work and got ready in the locker room, hence the lockers!
- Suit Jacket: Kohl’s, Lauren Conrad brand – love that it’s open so I can still wear when preggo
- Top: Loft, last fall, barely fits anymore!
- Pants: were given to me, Mimi Maternity brand
- Shoes: Kohl’s, can’t remember the brand but super comfy for heels
It felt nice to get a little more dressed up for work again. Since getting pregnant, business fashion has not been my first choice lately, especially since most of my work clothes barely fit anymore! I’m glad I could still make this outfit work though.
So, that’s what I’ve been wearing lately! Let me know if you enjoyed and maybe I’ll do this more often 🙂
Questions for You:
- Is fashion a big priority for you or not?
- What is your work’s dress code? Strict or not?