It’s no secret that dressing during pregnancy has not been the easiest for me. I roll my eyes at all the posts on Pinterest for how to make your pre-pregnancy clothing work during pregnancy. That is so not happening for me these days.
But I did add to my maternity wardrobe recently to make things more manageable. Fashion hasn’t been high on my priorities lately because it’s been such a challenge, but last week was pretty fashionable for this mom-to-be.
I wanted to start out the week feeling put together, so I wore 2 new-to-me pieces that I got at Destination Maternity over the weekend.
Top: Destination Maternity, $5 <– they had shirts 50% off and buy one get one free!
Pants: Destination Maternity, $30 – plain black cotton dressier slacks with a full-panel super stretchy top. I got them a size too big on purpose so I wouldn’t have to re-buy more pants if I happen to get (even) bigger.
This outfit is not my favorite as I feel it’s not too flattering, but I am using some pre-pregnancy clothes!
- Sweater: JC Penney’s, $10
- Top: Candee’s brand from Kohl’s
- Pants: Old Navy Fold over waist hand-me-downs
This outfit was good in theory, but not a huge fan when I see pictures of it (and clearly my face shows it!)
I don’t like that you can clearly see where the full panel ends on the pants through my shirt. This maternity tank is definitely getting too small, which makes me so sad. It’s my fave!
- Sweater: Target, $21
- Top: Old Navy maternity, $8
- Pants: same as above, Destination Maternity
- Scarf: the Hallmark Store, $13
I like to dress up on Fridays for some reason, so I went with a dressier outfit for work.
- Top: Destination Maternity, $5 <– other BOGO shirt
- Skirt: Pea in the Pod hand-me-down
- Tights: Destination Maternity, $6 (love these)
While dressing in business/business casual clothing is not as easy as it once was, I think I’m doing an okay job at not looking like a total bag lady these days. I’m hoping I can make it through this last trimester without having to buy any more clothes for work!
Questions for You:
- Non-preggo/mommy friends: does maternity fashion interest you or weird you out?
- Mommy’s: what was the biggest challenge of dressing while pregnant?