I took a little unplanned hiatus for a week on accident, mostly because I’ve been busy and really enjoying recovering after my marathon but also because my internet has been out. I probably could have blogged from my phone or at work or something, but I just let it go. What have I been up to since?
Here’s a quick rundown of some recent happenings:
- I’ve only run twice since my marathon. The first time was the hardest for sure. I am definitely back to normal now and excited to speed train for my upcoming 10k while still cutting it way back from marathon training.
Oh and I got some official race photos back. Here’s a keeper.
- I discovered my backyard. And it’s awesome.
Any day that it’s nice out, I think I will plant myself right here after work. And there’s even an outlet right by the chair – how convenient for summer blogging 🙂
- And we bought a grill last weekend.
We’ve already made brats, pork chops and BBQ chicken. I think I could grill every meal for the rest of the season, please.
- I am really busy at work. It’s so good because I love my job and never get bored, but daaang, I work hard these days!
- I discovered the holy grail of flavored seltzer water.
4 for $3. End of story. #obsessed
- I did a Paint Nite the other day with some girlfriends, but was really disappointed with it. I had done it before with my husband and it was great. But this time was just awful.
Look at this mess!
It was supposed to be a rainy city scene? The guy teaching it gave terrible instructions and admitted he didn’t know what he was doing. By the end, I was pretty frustrated. Oh well. Anyone want some free
- I’m feeling I really need to set some life goals soon. I have been really stressed out lately, and while life is good, I am often left feeling frustrated and way too anxious. I get sucked into thinking that doing more or “having it all together/done” will make me feel better. But it’s never all done! I really need to redo my priorities and realize that just because something is not done does not automatically make it urgent. I need to carve out more me time and relaxing activities to counter balance my stressful job and busy mind. More on that soon.
That’s all for now, folks!
Questions for You:
- What’s new with you guys? Miss me?
- Does anyone else feel really disinterested in blogging/social media when the weather is nice? I feel like I could chuck my phone away and just escape in the great weather these days.