Good morning! I woke up ravished today, so I started off with a rather fall-inspired breakfast of lots of pumpkin.
A Pumpkin smoothie, pumpkin spice coffee and I almost put pumpkin butter on my toast, but then realized I still had some almond butter which sounded more filling. The pumpkin smoothie is my absolute favorite smoothie, and it’s super easy to make:
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree (canned is fine)
- about a cup of milk (I use almond milk)
- whole frozen banana
- half a scoop vanilla protein powder
- dash of pumpkin pie spice
- dash of cinnamon
Blend to your heart’s delight and enjoy!
So, what’s the Liebser Award?
It’s awesome, that’s what! Here’s a brief explanation of the award (taken from Brooke):
1. This award is given to new or up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
2. The award is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word and support one another.
3. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
4. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
5. Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
6. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
7. No tag backs (aka, don’t nominate the person who nominated you).
So there it is! I think this is such a great opportunity to discover new blogs and help up and coming blogs grow. Thanks, Brooke, for giving me the chance to grow my blog and to reach out to new bloggers. 🙂
11 Random Facts
Edit: I somehow completely missed this part and forgot. So this is an edit 🙂
1. I am utterly obsessed with candles. I usually have one burning all the time. And I kinda freak out if I run out of back up candles. I burn one every morning (a specific one in a special holder) for my prayer/Bible study time.
2. I majored in English Writing at the University of Colorado.
3. I hope to run a full marathon someday. I am so not there yet as a runner or person, but someday, that’s really my goal.
4. I am completely neurotic about cleaning at times. I will reclean things a million times just to keep it clean for a while. I am stressed out and irritated by clutter, dirt, crumbs, and coffee mug stains.
5. The first time I ran and enjoyed it, I still hated it somehow. There has never been a certain moment where I was like I officially love running. I love it now, but it’s still so hard for me and probably always will be that it’s like a love/hate relationship at the same time.
6. Before I got Beans, I had never owned a dog (or real pet). And before I got him, I pretty much hated dogs/animals. Now I love dogs. I am not so much a cat person, but I can at least appreciate cats now.
7. I really should be cleaning my apartment right now. Not because I am neurotic, but because I really need to clean it. But like Kacie also mentioned in her random facts, blogging takes a lot of time and effort. Bloggers that blog three times a day with full on photos of everything and all that jazz – please tell me how you do it without being ridiculously exhausted from the tediousness! Maybe I am missing something, but I agree with Kacie on the fact that blogging is a lot of effort. Either way, I think it’s effort that’s worth the time.
8. I really love Shakespeare. I have two copies of his complete collection, because one just wasn’t enough.
9. I’m from Colorado. This isn’t an earth-shattering fact, but I don’t think most people on the blog know this about me. I love it there and miss it. Mountains are so pretty 🙂
10. Mint green is my favorite color ever. My bedroom wall is mint green, I own way too many clothes in mint green now, and pretty much if I go in a store and see something mint green, I buy it regardless of what it is. Please don’t go terribly out of style in ten years, mint green!
11. I broke my left foot once. Falling down the stairs because I had wet wedge flip flops on. I can’t believe I merely slipped but ended up breaking a bone. Definitely the worst pain ever.
So, Brooke’s questions for me are:
1.) If you were a superhero, what powers would you have?
To be invisible. Or read minds. Or both. 🙂
2.) Do you have a favorite TV show? What is it and why?
Nope. I don’t own a TV because I don’t want to waste my time with it. I should probably blog about this later…
3.) What got you into healthy living blogs? Why did you create one?
What got me into healthy living blogs was honestly Peanut Butter Fingers, the first healthy living blog I ever followed. I had so much fun reading from Julie and found her life inspiring. I also took a class in college where I had to make a blog for a project. I chose it to be about healthy living. I realized that I too could be a blogger like Julie and do the same thing. Now, I love that I’ve made the choice to have a healthy living blog and wouldn’t change it for the world!
4.) Do you have any irrational fears?
Spiders. OMG. The dark, sometimes. Any time I get in my car when it’s dark, I worry that someone is under my car or in the backseat. So I do all these crazy things to check it out first. Yup, that’s pretty irrational.
5.) Do you love or hate roller coasters?
6.) Would you rather be a rockstar or a movie star? Why?
Hmm… neither, but if I had to, I guess a rock star because I actually like to sing.
7.) Do you have a favorite exercise motto?
I will because I can.
8.) If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
My dog because he has the best most spoiled life ever! But if not Beans, a tiger. Because tigers rock.
9.) Would you be the opposite gender, just for the day if given the chance?
10.) Describe the worst date you’ve ever been on.
Nothing really terrible comes to mind, but probably the worst thing that happened on a date was me having to pay for not just myself but the guy as well. Lame.
11.) Describe the best date you’ve ever been on.
The best date I’ve ever been on was the day my now-husband and I got engaged. He completely surprised me with our engagement in the morning. Then he got me off work for the day without me knowing, whisked me off to Denver where we went to the Melting Pot and stayed at a really fancy old hotel. Most amazing time ever!
1. What’s your favorite guilty pleasure (that one item you know you shouldn’t eat but DO, WILL, and DON’T REGRET)?
2. Why did you originally start blogging?
Because I love to write. I have the urge to write like none other. Writing is how my life is organized. I majored in English Writing for a reason: because it’s my passion.
3. Who was your original blogging idol?
Julie from PBFingers. Love her & Sadie.
4. If you could go one place in the world, where would it be?
Paris, France is like my dream come true vacation.
When asked as a child, “what do you want to be when you grow up?”–what was your answer?
What is one bad habit that you possess?
Quote from my husband: leaving my shoes by the door even though we have a shoe rack to eliminate this very problem.
Coffee or tea?
COFFEEEEEEE! Although I love tea very much. But coffee wins. Especially Starbucks. Can you tell I’ve had my coffffeeee today?!
Are you more productive late at night or early in the morning?
I think late at night. I’m not a morning person and I usually get into my groove at night.
What is your go-to method of exercise?
Now it’s running. I love to run. Yup.
Toast with peanut butter, sliced banana, honey, and wheat germ.
Going out to eat or cooking?
Cook, most of the time. Unless it’s for pizza.
The Nominee’s Are…
- Melissa @ Total Mama Makeover
- Lynette @ Life’s Better in Yoga Pants
- Miranda @ Biting Life
- Brittany @ Ducle Vie
- Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy
- Katie @ Gettin’ My Healthy On
- Abbey @ Finding My Forever
- Rachel @ Healthy Epiphany
- Kate @ Quarter Century Southern Living
- Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well
- Toronto Runner
When you guys see this, please email me at melissa at freeingimperfections.com for your round of questions! Also, don’t forget to post 11 random facts about yourself too (as I forgot the first time I posted this).
Although I was nominated for the award twice, I am just doing nominations once, just so you know!
Looking forward to seeing the answers to your questions and spreading the blogging love!