How was your Labor Day weekend?
I’m so glad that I made the decision ahead of time to stay in the whole weekend, as I got a brutal cold that lasted about 5 days. Thankfully, I’m fully recovered now but this weekend didn’t include much other than napping, blowing my nose, and being on the couch!
No, the tissues are not because the book is sad. Just lots of blowing my nose fun!
We also watched Beans’ favorite little buddy, Dottie. Whenever they’re together, they usually just sleep, but this weekend was like way extra sleeping for them since I was seriously on the couch all day for 2 days!
Also, Beans update: he is doing great. So far, he can walk half a mile now! He is definitely slowly recovering since his first broken leg was in a cast for 2 months! But the progress is very encouraging. We should go back for his final x-ray in about 2 weeks 🙂
Weekly Meal Plan
Let’s just say that this weekends’ eats were not the greatest. I was feeling pretty nauseous/disinterested in food all weekend anyway, so anything that sounded even removetly appetizing, I ate. Which means, I ate soup, crackers, grilled chilled, and basically all the carbs in the house I could find.
Meal planning while still not feeling too hot was pretty hard, but I managed to come up with some kind of gameplan to get back on track a little more this week.
- Egg in the hole
- Pineapple Mango Green smoothie
- Overnight Chia Pudding with fruit/granola on top
- Bagel w/fruit salad
- Egg salad sandwich
- Bean Burrito
- Leftovers/snack lunch
I’m really bad with lunches these days. I need ideas!
- Monday: had this fresh pepper fettucine & gorgonzola cream sauce – not the lowest in fat, but it was all from a local pasta shop from across town that makes their pasta right in front of you!
- Tuesday: barbecued chicken, corn on the cob, & argula salad w/organges and avocado
- Wednesday: Heavely Quiche
- Thursday: Healthy Mac n cheese & green beans
- Friday: Crock Pot Enchilada Stack by Julie – made this many times, always want it again!
I’ve been really into Cheez-Its lately, but I just hate buying processed stuff. So I made my own!
I used this recipe from Savy Eats.
I had been wanting to do this for a while. It’s so easy and they are way better than store-bought. I put them in baggies to take for the week. 🙂
I’ll also have:
- apple or orange
- Trader Joe’s trail mix
Here’s to a healthy week!
Questions for You:
- What are you eating this week?
- Was your Labor day action-packed or lazy?