Can someone please tell me where April went? Oh, how time flies.
Is this what happens to time when you turn 24? If it is, I don’t even want to know what time feels like when I’m 44!
Being a new month, I wanted to take some time to recap what I did in April. Because if I don’t do it now, I think I might forget altogether.
I ran my first 5K and loved it!
I did a sugar detox & learned a lot about how sugar affects me.
I was saddened and grieved for the tragedy in Boston.
But the Lord gave me so much peace & hope during that time.
I held my first-ever blog challenge, completing the April Organization Challenge.
And I participated in Foodie Pen Pals for the first time.
What a great month!
In Store for May
Moving right along… Although I want to set goals for this month, I want my personal goals to take a bit of backseat for now. Last month was very goal oriented. While I love that, I think it’s time for a little break from pushing myself.
Some things going on/that I want to focus on this month are…
- Walking Beans regularly. At the beginning of the year, I set it as one of my yearly goals, to walk him regularly. SO haven’t been good about that, mostly because of the weather. Now that the weather is nice enough, we can actually go on walks. I’ve also started training him to run with me, so I hope to continue that as well.
- The hubby & I are going on a camping road trip for a few days next week! So excited 🙂
- I’m going to start half-marathon training the week of the 12th!
- I need to
continuestart looking for a job. My “ask” for this year? To get a job. I haven’t forgotten; I’ve just been lazy and unwilling. The Lord has definitely laid it on my heart lately that I need to take initiative with this and stop being fearful.
- Post about blog tips again. I took all of last month off from posting about blog-related topics, but it’s definitely something you as readers have been requesting. If you have any specific topics or questions you’d like me to answer, let me know & I’ll try to cover it.
My resolution for May is to focus on prayer. Back when I wrote my year of resolutions list, I wrote that I wanted to “commit to following a prayer schedule, where I pray over one topic for that day of the week, such as my marriage or friends.”
Right now, the idea of a prayer schedule doesn’t sound all that appealing to me, but I’m still going to give it a try. I really just want my focus to be on prayer. I want to dive deep into praying about what matters, praying for people, and living in the joy of the Lord through having a solid, prayerful relationship with Him.
I’ve decided that all my Faith in My Friday posts will all focus on the topic of prayer for this month as well.
If you’re new to my blog, Faith in my Friday is a weekly link up that I host where you can link up any faith-related post you may have. You can check out all the details here.
So be expecting to hear a lot more about prayer this month!
Questions for You:
- What are your goals for this month?
- What’s one thing you’re excited to start doing again because it’s almost summer?!