Today has been a pretty lazy Saturday. Besides my 9 mile long run this morning, there has been lots of lounging on the couch in pjs with blankies and Mr. Beans. And even then, my hubby had to basically force my out the door to do my long run.
The motivation to run what took me an hour and a half was just not there. But my run was actually really good. I wasn’t as speedy as I wanted to be, but I maintained a solid 10:00 min/mi. average the whole time. Not bad.
I also didn’t feel like death when I finished, and definitely didn’t feel like another 4.1 miles to reach 13.1 was not out of my reach. 🙂
Anyway, the subject that’s really been on my mind all day is that it’s already halfway through June. Seriously?
2013 continues to shock me with how quickly its going by! I think I only mention it every other post, but for real – what’s what this year? Is it because I’m over 20? Is it because I’m married? I have no idea, but I want it to stop!
I figured since it’s at the least still June, I should address my June goals. Hah!
A Few Revisions
My “year of resolutions” goals for this month have, undoubtedly, already gone out the window. My original goal was called “Stay Pretty for Summer,” where I was going to do fun girly, makeupy things all month-long. Doesn’t that sound like a bag full of rainbows and unicorns? Yeah.
While I’m sure that would have been a fun focus for the month, there’s 3 reasons it didn’t and isn’t happening:
1. I totally forgot about my “goal,” so I didn’t make a plan for it. The month started and about a week in, I realized I was supposed to be working on this goal. Oh well.
2. I am wicked busy with Mary Kay, my regular job, my social life, and being a wife again now that my husband is back.
3. Time is playing tricks on me and going by too fast, as mentioned earlier.
Super valid reasoning, right? Right.
With that being said, I am taking the month of June off from any crazy goal crap. I love setting goals. But right now, I just want to focus on all that I have on my plate right now.
Until I learn how to balance that, I think goals will have to take a back seat. At least, time-consuming, rainbowy unicorn type goals.
In the remaining 15 days of the this month, I’m going to…
- Run a 10k
- Do another sugar detox (next week)
- Go to Colorado for vacation
- Focus on my Mary Kay business & networking
And I think that’s enough! 🙂
I think the hubs and I are going to stop being lazy now and go out to run a few errands before dinner. Have a great weekend!
Questions for You:
- What are you working towards this month?
- Do goals motivate you or do you need a break from pushing yourself sometimes?