My weekend really flew by, but it was a good one, despite it being super weird to be dogless.
My husband and Beans made it to West Virginia safely. Beans had his surgery on Friday and it went well. My husband got back really late on Friday (super trooper for taking a 26 hour trip!).
The doc said it was actually pretty complicated the way his bones broke, but he now has plates in both legs that should stay there forever to keep him strong! We should get another update on how he’s doing today.
I mentioned before all the Beans craziness from last week that I had some summertime health goals I want to focus on. Because of all the Beans stuff, I haven’t been giving this 100% of my focus, but I haven’t been doing too terribly either. With half training starting this week (will post my training plan soon, had to make some tweaks), I will be much more likely to eat better so I can train better.
How I’m doing on those goals so far:
- Get into a solid workout routine: working on it. Half training was supposed to start last week. It didn’t happen because of said life stuff. It is ON this week!
- Track my food with MyFitnessPal: last week was pretty rocky, but I have been solid with tracking since Friday. To say I tracked over the weekend is a pretty big deal to me as I tend to let that go. I think it will help me keep it up into this week.
- Eat larger breakfasts and lunches & limit mindless snacking: I haven’t been beefing up my breakfasts much yet, but I will once I start half training. I have been a lot more mindful about snacking though. I’ve kept myself in check by only having one true snack a day instead of letting myself snack between meals.
- Limit sweets: I haven’t made any change in this area. I was stressed out last week and headed for the chocolate! I did get some 100 calorie ice cream bars this week to satisfy my sweet tooth without going overboard. If I have NO sweets, I binge on them. If I have at least a little something to look forward to, I can manage.
I had a lot of extra time this weekend, so I was able to make a really good meal plan for the week and take my time grocery shopping. I was also able to clean out the fridge really well!
That was obviously taken before I went shopping. I feel like that always helps me meal plan better so I have a good understanding of what I actually have! And now it’s clean 🙂
Here’s what I’m eating this week:
- overnight oats with fruit
- fruit/spinach smoothies
- blueberry Kashi waffles & fruit
- toast w/PB & banana
- possibly a “
- big salad
- dinner leftovers (chicken & pasta)
- ham & cheese sandwich
- Snack lunch: veggies & humus, crackers, an orange, etc.
- Steak Tacos (above, had these last night, soooo good)
- BBQ Shrimp skewers, grilled pineapple, & salad
- Basil Tomato pasta w/Avocado sauce
- Honey Lime Grilled Chicken w/russet potatoes
- Naan pizzas
I also made sure to stock up on plenty of fresh fruits & veggies.
The more full this bowl is, the better!
Have a healthy week! 🙂
Questions for You:
- What health goals are you working towards right now?
- What produce are you loving lately? Peaches and avocados for me!