I’d always wanted to try a monthly subscription of sorts, but the only one I really thought I would use is something to do with food. I settled on Graze box over all the other food boxes a few months ago because it’s pretty inexpensive and has lots of options.
Here’s an overview of my experience with Graze.
Graze box is cheap. It’s $6 and change per box. You can get the box weekly, bi-weekly or once a month. It comes with 4 prepackaged single serving snacks.
There is an option to select a calorie counter box where all snacks are under 150 calories or a nibble box, which has all their snacks.
I opted for the calorie counter box at first and then switched to the nibble because there were more snack options.
It was exciting to get the box in the mail. I started getting them at work and then keeping the snacks in my drawer for when I got hungry. I thought this would be a good thing to keep on hand for while I’m pregnant and I need more snacks.
My favorite snacks were graham cracker sticks with caramel sauce & popcorn.
At first, Graze box wants you to get one every week. This is how the box is not cheap. There is an option to change it to only once a month, though it’s hard to find.
Overall, I’m glad I tried something like this, but in the end decided to cancel it.
Why I Decided to Cancel
- The snacks were not interesting enough for my tastes, most are nuts with weird flavors (sour cream & onion cashEWs) or fruit and things named something like “cranberry muffin,” but it’s not a cranberry muffin. I also let a lot of snacks sit around for a long time because they didn’t sound appealing to me.
- Their billing was weird. I never knew when I was getting charged for it and was always surprised to find I had a charge from Graze. I did not like this. A certain time of month for the charge (like the 1st or 15th) would have been better.
- The snacks are not real snacks to me. A snack to me is a banana with peanut butter or a hearty much bigger snack bar. These are more like in-between meal snacks if you like to snack all day. One time I got a chips & salsa that was 60 calories. I just do not view that as very nutritious. A snack should be filling too!
They were very good, but just wayyy too small!
I would recommend this box to people who like really small snacks or like receiving something in the mail now and then. If you are interested in trying unique foods that you can only get at Graze, you would like this.
I would not recommend this to people who are used to having 300+ calorie snacks or who only eat one snack a day. These snacks will not tide you over.
Questions for You:
- Have you tried Graze box or something like it? Do you like it?
- Do you like monthly subscription boxes?
I felt like reviewing this for fun. This isn’t a sponsored post.