Happy Weekend! I’m so excited that it’s the weekend that I can hardly contain myself. It was a long week. I slept in a glorious amount of time and enjoyed some chocolate chip banana bread pancakes this morning, made by the hubs. He is the best pancake maker!
I’m in a particularly good mood today because of the great success of my guest post “5 Reasons to Let Go of Perfection” over at Savvy Sassy Me! If you didn’t get a chance to check it out yet, please do as it’s a post I was very pleased to write. Obviously, my blog being about overcoming perfection, this post’s topic is a big deal to me. I love these reminders, and although I don’t live my life out in lieu of these truths every day, I certainly aim for it. With that said, I also wanted to say I’m SO thankful if you are a new follower of the blog. If you found my blog via Kacie, welcome to my life. I’m so happy to see new readers enjoying the blog 🙂 And huge thanks to Kacie for giving me the opportunity to craft a post like that and share it with a wide audience. You rock, girl!
Fab Running Songs
Even though it’s almost 2 o’clock, I’m about to embark on my run for the day (and the week). It’s been SO cold here lately that I haven’t been running outside at all, and I just can’t find my groove on the dreadmill. But today is almost 25 degrees (heatwave!) and it’s beautiful and sunny. So outdoor run it is! Music is a huge motivator for me in general, but especially for running. I truly believe that my really good tunes are what has gotten me through some of my long and grueling runs and my first half-marathon. And so – behold – my top 10 favorite running songs! (in no particular order)
1. Angel – Akon; great beat and nice lyrics.
2. We Found Love – Rihanna; GREAT build up in this song that always pumps me up for runs.
3. Man, I Feel Like a Woman! – Shania Twain; when this came on my playlist for the half-marathon, I was so hyped up from it! I grew up listening to Shania and dancing my little heart out to this song, so it’s always a winner for me.
4. Where The Streets Have No Name – U2; it references running and has an awesome build up.
5. Like A G6 – Far East Movement; who doesn’t wanna “get fly like a G6” when running? I have trouble not singing this song out loud when I hear it.
6. Piece of Me – Katy Perry; makes me feel empowered and strong. Running is a “piece of me” that no one can take away, so it fits.
7. Paradise – Coldplay; personally, this song resonates with me so it gets me pumped because of the meaning.
8. In the Dark – DEV; basically makes me want to run as fast as I can. I can’t explain it. Just listen.
9. Alligator Sky – Owl City; this was a random one that came up once, but now it’s a permanent addition to my playlist for the beat.
10. Love You Like A Love Song – Selena Gomez; kind of lame, but I can run to the beat of this song really well. It was also my ringtone for a long time, so I’m partial to it.
I love seeing other people’s playlists for half-marathons or workouts in general because everyone’s s taste is so different. Hopefully this list gives you something new to work with! Have you ever listened to any of these songs for a run/workout? What’s your all-time favorite running song?