Good morning! How was your (hopefully long) Thanksgiving weekend?
My Friendsgiving was really fun, and my long weekend was a nice time to finally just relax. Friday was spent entirely in my pajamas, Saturday included some errands and a night out with friends, and Sunday we did some shopping.
One thing on my Christmas list this year is a good pair of ear buds that actually stay in your ears when running. I don’t even run with music most of the time, but since I’m forced to do my running inside these days, I absolutely need music to keep myself on the treadmill.
The hubs and I saw these earbuds when we were out at Target, and I was intruiged so we got them as one of my “early” Christmas presents.
I haven’t run with them yet, but they seemed to really stay in my ears well. I’m excited to try them, but they were kind of hurting my ears and the sound quality wasn’t that great. We’ll see how they do for a run. Have you ever used this brand or heard of them before?
I also got this dress for my husband’s holiday party next week.
I’d been on the prowl for a dress for a while now and had not seen anything cute anywhere. This one is pretty cheap quality, but it looked decent on and had that classy look I was going for. I’m always a sucker for a new dress!
1. Limit Social Media – I haven’t been very good about monitoring when I’m on social media and when I’m not. This weekend was a really nice break from social media and I liked it. Since I’ll be spending the Christmas holiday away with family, I’d like to focus on staying off social media then too so I can really relax on my trip and pay attention to my family well.
Too often, I am crawling in bed on my phone. Not good! To keep myself on track, I’m going back to setting a reminder on my phone for when social media time “ends,” and aim to stay off social media (and all electronics) before bed.
2. Read the Good Morning Girls Advent Devotional – I signed up for this devotional yesterday, which is a 24 day Christmas devotional about “keeping our hearts focused on Jesus.” I’m excited to have just begun a new devotional and focus on Jesus this month.
For those of you who use the YouVersion Bible App, it’s available for download on there under “Christmas & Advent.” And it’s not too late to start – you’d only be a day behind!
3. Follow a training plan for running – I thought I’d have my act together to share some fun news today, but I don’t. More deets on this tomorrow 😉
Basically, I am running a lot. In the cold. Yay!
4. Read a book (or two) – I always have a bunch of books on my to-read list. Since I’ll have that time at Christmas off, I want to utilize it by escaping in a good book.
I just recently bought The Gifts of Imperfection and Lean In. I definitely want to read one of those two, or maybe both if I have the time? We’ll see what happens.
Any recommendations for good novels? As much as I love self-help/non-fiction, I really just want to cuddle up with a good story.
Have a great Monday & Happy December!
Questions for You:
- What are your goals for the month?
- Do you follow or celebrate advent? I have never before, but I’m excited to learn more about it.