Hey guys! How was your (hopefully) long weekend?
I have been in a funk the past few days but hopefully that is over. January has been pretty busy for me. I feel like I’ve just been playing catch up week after week. Between going to the gym now and hoping to keep a more organized home while being able to get nothing done with a crawling little one, balance has been hard to come by. I almost forgot about this post, but here’s what’s been going on lately!
Reading // Just finished The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen. This book was amazing. Like, LOVED it. It had a few plot twists that actually surprised me. It wasn’t cheesy or predictable at all. I would read it again, it was that good.
I tried picking up All The Light We Cannot See again. I’m on page 320 or so out of 500+. I think I just may quit on this book. It’s soooo hard to read because of crazy lengthy descriptions. My mom brain can’t handle it right now.
I think I may start The Husband’s Secret soon.
Needing // Patience and peace with myself. One of my 2016 goals is to start a diet. I have and I had great success the first week but it’s been really tough and I feel like I’m moving backwards right now. I also just need to realize that Rome wasn’t built in a day and come to better terms with where I am now. If you missed out on this post, you’ll catch more of what I mean.
Loving // My new planner. If you follow me on Instagram, you already saw this.
Every year I intend to get a really nice one like an Erin Condren one or something but I forget until like the middle of January and then I feel like it’s too late. I was using a planner but it was a school year one so it would end it June this year. This year is going to be super busy so I just wanted a full 2016 year planner.
I got this for $12 at Target in the dollar section. It’s a binder with dividers, week and month pages, blank note pages, stickers, and a notepad. I am in love! I seriously die without a planner and need to sit down with it daily and weekly to get things done and keep my brain moving in the right direction.
Not Loving // I try not to focus on negatives, but I can think of quite a few right now, so we’ll just go with a list:
- not having a dishwasher. SO OVER IT. I can never keep up.
- the fact that Claire’s schedule is changing some. Her naps have been kind of wonky all week, buuut she is sleeping better at night so there’s that.
- the scale. oh the scale.
- that my coffee is cold every freaking day. I reheat it at least three times and it just never stays warm!
- that my house is always cold too. We spent a fortune in heating last month but I was still freezing a majority of the time.
- that so many details of our move are not finalized/still have no idea when we’re moving
Craving // Dark chocolate and wine. I got some wine the other day but forgot the chocolate. Maybe this weekend. And SPARK. I have some in the mail soon and I’m dying to get it. Thanks again, Becky!
Putting off // Making some appointments for myself. I’m officially beyond the stage of being able to bring Claire with me in the car seat to things.. I need to find a friend to watch her and I’m just avoiding it but it needs to be done! I really need my teeth cleaned.
Praying about //
- our upcoming move and all the details involved in that
- learning what balance looks like as a mom, making time for what truly matters
- Claire, always, but specifically her development and that she is on track
- just making it through each day, sometimes. Motherhood is hard!
Happy about // Knowing where we are going to move later this year. I’m not quite ready to announce where yet on the blog, but it’s pretty awesome! Sorry to be vague, but I’ll let ya in on it soon 😉
Scared to // Actually move there. It’s not going to be easy by any stretch of the imagination. Let’s just say there’s an ocean we have to cross, which makes getting our things and us there a lot more interesting.
Looking forward to // Seeing one of my best friends Ashley next week in Austin for a quick trip. Then she’s coming to my town for a few days too. She threw my baby shower in Boston but has yet to meet Claire, so I’m really excited for them to meet!
Questions for You:
- What are you looking forward to, happy about, or loving lately?
- Do you quit easily on books or fight until the end? I just hatttte quitting on a book.