9 months. I am officially not thinking these monthly updates are cute anymore because my baby is getting way too close to one! How will she be ONE in less than three months? I’m so not ready!
I definitely feel like she is not a little baby anymore, but turning more into a little girl and toddler every day. I love seeing her change but I am already missing the baby days, just like everyone told me I would.
How cute is this outfit? My mother-in-law gave it to Claire for Christmas. I’ve never seen anything cuter!
This month, Claire is…
- eating me out of house and home. She eats 3 solid meals a day plus snacks in between. She eats anything and has recently taken to black olives, chick peas, waffles, pickles, pineapple, & pasta with cheese.
- starting to get up on her hands and knees but is still happy belly/army crawling all over
- started saying repetitive phrases like “da da da,” die die die,” “aye aye aye,” and every once in a while “ma ma ma.” She’s starting to say da da all the time though
- starting to wave! We think this is so cute. She does it randomly but almost always when my husband comes home from work. In general her dexterity with her hands seems to be improving a lot right now
- going to the child watch in the Y and from what I know is doing pretty well there. No separation anxiety just yet
- rocking her third tooth. She has the bottom middle two and then one random side top tooth. She is now called “snaggle tooth” quite frequently 😉
Oh, sleep. For the longest time she was still getting up 2-4 times a night. Things seemed to stagnate and nothing was getting better. There were definitely some nights she got up 5 times or more that I think was teething related. She doesn’t seem to be cutting another tooth at the moment though and sleep has finally improved.
I am honestly so scared to even mention it because I fear it will change, but for this whole week, she has just about slept through the night! We randomly had to put her to bed way later than normal over the weekend, and she slept through the night that night. So, I thought maybe I was onto something and put her to bed later every night after that and she’s since been sleeping a lot better.
She goes down at 6:30-7 now and wakes up at 5 ish. I usually go in and nurse her at 5 and then she will sleep until 6:15-6:30 or so. I am not a fan of having to wake up at 5 and then again at 6 ish. I hardly ever go back to sleep after I get up at 5, which stinks. I’d love the morning to be different, but it doesn’t really matter since I’m sleeping more than 3-4 hours at a time at night!
Her nap schedule did change recently too. She used to have one long morning nap and one long afternoon nap. She seems to want to split her naps up though. She takes an hour morning nap, usually another hour morning nap (if we’re home), and then an hour afternoon nap, and sometimes a very short later afternoon cat nap . I feel like she’s been napping more hours during the day too, but she seems to do a lot better when she gets more sleep.
She is one happy girl a majority of the time. I’m just trying to soak up as much of her baby-ness as I can before it all disappears!
Questions for You:
- When did you feel like your baby/babies aren’t a baby anymore? I know she’s a baby but it doesn’t feel like it compared to when she was first born!
- What’s the cutest but most unnecessary baby clothing item you’ve seen? This vest is definitely it for us! Love it!