Each month that passes, I have been able to see her personality break through but I think this last month was the first month I felt Claire really had personality all the time.
She laughs spontaneously a lot more, I can see her thinking and analyzing things, and she’s a big fan of blowing raspberries to entertain herself. As I’ve said in the past, it seems like each month she “turns on” even more and of course this month was no exception.
I had a lot of fun with her photo shoot this month. My mother-in-law got her this dress and I just had to get some good shots of her in it.
How cute is my little baby bee? It’s even cuter that my MIL is a bee keeper too! The bee theme runs strong for us!
This month, she…
- mastered sitting up. Last month’s picture was her sitting supported by a nursing pillow, but she quickly learned to sit up really well shortly after that was taken
- eats two to three solid meal a day and loves most things we let her try
- took her first airplane ride (x4) and visited Colorado, her 13th state
- squeals in delight very loudly all the time
- smiles at strangers whenever we’re out
- seems to like attention and being looked at more now
- started teething for real and has been real cranky because of it. I can feel bumps on her gums and sometimes they look red/swollen. She still hasn’t had any teeth pop through though
- is sleeping in just footie PJs, not even a sleep sack anymore unless it’s super cold
Sleep was not great for most of this month. She seemed to get slightly better, but then regressed completely on our trip to Colorado. One night on our trip, she was getting up every 20-45 minutes the entire night. I think that was definitely a bad teething night, though.
Once we got back from the trip, things seemed to get a lot better, but I’m trying not to get my hopes up that this is our new normal because she’s just not been a good sleeper for so long now. The past week or so has been awesome for sleep though, both day and night. I think just being home from our trip helped so much.
She seems to have solidified her nap schedule much better now though. Her typical day looks like this right now:
- 6:15 AM – up for the day
- 7:15-7:45 AM – down for morning nap
- 8:45-9:30 AM wakes up from nap somewhere in there
- 10 AM – 12 PM – play time, good time for me to run errands
- 12:30-1 PM – down for afternoon nap
- 2-3 PM – wakes up from nap sometime in there
- 4-5 PM – pretty cranky hours for her, may get up from nap at this time if she napped later
- 5:30 PM – start bedtime routine, bath & nurse
- 6:15 PM – in bed
I wish her bedtime was later and that her wakeup time was later, but because she just stared napping consistently and for much longer, I don’t even want to try to mess with it. She also wakes up at night between 10-12 PM and about 3 AM consistently. I would love to get off the night feedings, but every time we’ve tried to give her a binky or just soothe her back to sleep, she then wakes up hourly until we’re up for the day. So I’d rather just go in and feed her quickly at 3 AM than get up at 3, 4, 5, and 6!
She is not showing any signs of crawling any time soon and I am totally okay with that. Since learning to sit up, she can lunge forward and reach for toys. She gets frustrated when toys are out of her reach, so maybe she’ll figure out how to crawl because of that. She absolutely hates tummy time still, so I think she may be a delayed crawler or might even bypass it altogether and just pull up on things and walk instead. We’ll see.
This is a really fun age because she’s still not yet mobile but she’s still so active and fun to interact with.
I’m not sure what her weight is right now, but she definitely seems to have filled out a lot more recently. Everyone we see is telling me how much bigger she has gotten. Some days I just look at her and think You’ve gotten so big! It’s exciting to see her grow but bittersweet at the same time.
Questions for You:
- Did you think babies would sleep through the night by 6 or 7 months? I did and I feel so dumb for having those expectations now. Ugh!
- Do you have a “thing” like me and bees? If so, did you pass it onto your kids?