What a big month! I think I’m going to be saying this every month until she stops changing so much. So… maybe by the time she’s one?!
We have definitely seen the biggest change in Claire this past month though. I thought she became alert at about 3 months, but the past two months has been a different level.
Claire’s changes & updates this past month:
- She slept through the night for the first time ever on September 6th (yes, I will forever remember this day!), from about 8pm to 6 AM. GLORIOUS! She is not totally consistent with it yet, but she has slept through the night many more times now 😀
- She is sleeping unswaddled now because that became a total bust. We got a Merlin Suit and it’s basically awesome. I credit it to why she sleeps through the night now. Will review later.
- She is measuring pretty low on the weight charts, at just under 13 pounds. Our doctor was not concerned at all but said go ahead and start solid foods to get her some more calories, so we did. Breastfeeding is still going really great though.
- She has tried sweet potato, apples, oat cereal, broccoli, black beans, & avocado. She LOVES avocado so we’ve been eating that daily but isn’t a fan of anything else yet
- Babbling like a mad woman. This girl will not stop talking. She also loves to scream and squeal in delight now
- She tried the exersaucer for the first time and seems to like it pretty well. I can usually put her in it for 10 minutes or so and shower or something.
- Laughing more. So far, Beans can get to her laugh any time she is in a good mood. She just sees him and laughs
- When she’s placed on her play mat, she usually immediately rolls over. You can tell she wants to be on the move but isn’t quite there yet. She also is not close to sitting up yet at all.
- Still no teeth, but we have had some crazy fussy days where I am pretty sure she was in pain. I know it’s comin’
- She pulls on her feet and puts them in her mouth a lot. Totally the best toy ever right now
I can’t remember if I’ve shared her nicknames before, but in case I haven’t, here’s the extended list:
- chicken nugget
- sweet thing
- Schmelly feet (or rather I just say this to her a lot)
I seriously can’t believe that next month we will be at her 6 month update!
Questions for You:
- What’s your favorite age for babies?
- Did you have a funny nickname growing up?