Claire was 4 months old on August 15th, so I am quite a bit late in posting this, but alas – moving is hard. Moving with an infant is even harder! I am still catching my breath from the madness that is this move!
Anyway, 4 months was a big one for Claire. Every month that passes, she becomes more “herself.” I can see her personality emerging and she is becoming so much more alert with time. It was a lot of fun to spend a good chunk of this time in Claire’s life with her grandparents who got to see her do some pretty cool things.
Sidenote: our 4 month photo shoot was not the best. It was a day late & this was the best I could get. At first I was disappointed because I wanted all her monthly shots to be at the same angle, so you could compare easily. But I am kind of loving the artsy look of this and how it shows her new bling!
This month Claire:
- went on her second long road trip from Boston to Tennessee
- continues to roll over even better now
- babbles like nobody’s business – she is a “talking” girl!
- grabs at objects and pulls them into her mouth
- laughed & squealed for the first time at Beans, dad, & grandpa
- got her ears pierced at Claire’s!
- eyes have lightened up + look a lot more like daddy’s
- enjoys being in the sitting or standing position a lot
- seems to need playtime daily now
- enjoys being read to for short periods of time
She also stopped sleeping as well, which I’ve mentioned quite a few times. It’s called the 4 month sleep regression, which she hit at 3.5 months exactly. It can happen anytime from 3-5 months, just depending on development. Considering all that’s been going on with our move, I think it’s made the regression last longer than it would have if we hadn’t moved. I hope by next month I can report that things are at least improving since we won’t be as busy (I hope?), but I won’t hold my breath.
Something exciting not related to her development but my sanity is that we ordered her room some furniture so we can have a real semblance of a nursery. Back in Boston we were just making do with furniture we had since we didn’t have enough space for more and were moving.
We got this rocker & this dresser. I also got some really cute curtains. I can’t wait to share about her room once we put it together! 🙂
Have a great Labor day weekend!
Questions for You:
- What are your plans for Labor Day?
- What do you think the most fun baby milestone is? I’m really excited about solid foods!