At three months old, I feel like Claire is exiting the newborn stage and entering grown up baby-dom. She isn’t this little sleepy fragile baby anymore. She really has some personality developing and is much more wakeful & alert in new ways every day.
Her happiest time continues to be the morning, where we get lots of smiles (that I can never seem to capture on camera!). She always smiles when dad holds her, you pinch her cheeks or do bicycle legs with her. Afternoons right now are not the best naps times and she is pretty fussy from 3-6, but we’ve gotten used to it.
She is an early to bed early to rise kind of baby for now. For a while I felt like I was putting her down way too early for the night, but any time I tried to push the time back, she was very unhappy. Her bedtime is 6:30 (sometimes even earlier if she’s fussy) and occasionally we put her down later if we are busy.
Right now she gets up at 2-3 AM for a feeding, and always around 5 AM for another feeding. For a while, she was not going back down to sleep after this but we have slowly helped let her know that 5 AM is not a cool time to start the day. Yesterday she actually slept another 2 hours until 7 after her 5 AM feeding, which was great!
Some new developments for Claire are…
- absolutely loves baths and splashes now – we take one every night because they’re relaxing for bedtime
- usually enjoys tummy time now
- can roll over back to front like a pro
- lifts head up very high & looks around while on tummy
- cooing and makes the cutest noises all the time
- sucking/chewing on hands 24/7
- drooling & gurgling
- can bring a toy to her mouth & is interested in toys now
- actually tolerates the Rock n Play now – she hated it at first!
Most of her 0-3 month clothing is a little tight on her. We have started wearing a couple of 3-6 month stuff but it’s kind of baggy. She is definitely growing, but is still on the small side, which is perfectly fine with me – as long as she is growing. We had a weight check a few weeks ago and she was just shy of 11 pounds.
Claire is a very sweet baby. She definitely knows what she wants and is starting to show extra attachment to me lately. I can pick her up from some hysterical crying and it magically stops just because she is picked up by me.
Even though she’s only been here for three months, I feel very very used to her, like I’ve always had a baby. Right now, I catch myself in a lot of moments wondering “How are you mine, sweet one?” We’ve been enjoying some very sweet moments lately. I never want them to end, but I would like to sleep again someday 😉
Questions for You:
- Do you think she looks like my husband? That’s what everyone I know keeps saying lately but I can’t see it!
- Anything else you want to know about Claire? I promise some more detailed baby/mom updates are coming soon 🙂