So, I have very much avoided this post hence it being two weeks late because OMG ONE! I’ve decided to not do updates past 12 months so I’m a little sad this is my last update for her.
I had a fun time doing Claire’s first birthday shoot. She was actually really not happy during this shoot but I got a few decent ones. It’s amazing how much she has changed in just a year.
My sister-in-law made her the mint green tutu for Christmas – so sweet! You can see a few more of her first birthday shoot photos here.
In the past month or so she…
- started signing back to us. I started baby sign language at about 6 months and didn’t think it was working at all so I stopped. But apparently she remembered it because one day she just signed all these things back to me! She knows eat, more, all done, and milk. I’m excited to work on some more signs.
- is fitting into a lot of 18 month size clothes but still fits great in most 12 month. She weighed 18 pounds at her last visit. She is very small but very long/tall and growing on her own curve.
- enjoys walking if we hold her hands but doesn’t show a lot of interest in walking on her own yet.
- consolidated her naps into one long nap most of the time. If she wakes super early, she will still take a 45-60 minute morning nap, but usually she naps from 11:45 ish to 2 every day.
- is going through a phase of not eating much food and just wanting to throw it. Although she signs “eat” to me all day long…
- has ten teeth and looooves to bite me
- gave up bottles! She got sick for a few days and wasn’t taking any bottles or her paci because her mouth was hurting. I talked with her pediatrician and figured it was a good time to say bye to the bottles. So far she’s doing great on these NUK sippy cups and a few other random cups we have. I was going to say bye to the paci, but with our move and the long flight we are taking today (wish us luck!), I wanted her to still have it for comfort.
- is obsessed with opening and closing doors in our house, drawers, and any toy that has a door or something that opens/closes.
- just learned to share her food. She will put food in our mouths while she is eating. It’s so cute.
Right now I look at her and see a totally different girl than the one who was placed on my chest on her birthday. But sometimes I see a similar mannerism or hear a sound that throws me all the way back to her little itty bitty newborn days.
I’m so glad she’s growing up into such a curious, independent girl, but she’ll always always be my baby.
Questions for You:
- Any tips to stop biting? It’s getting pretty bad and “no” isn’t working at all!
- Any blog topic suggestions? I’m landing in Hawaii today – eee! So I’m a little distracted right now and not sure what to write about these days.