Claire was 11 months old on Tuesday.
You guys. This isn’t funny anymore. I seriously want to know where my baby has gone! I can’t believe she’s one next month. It’s totally true – the baby days go SO fast.
Claire is so much fun right now. Each month has just gotten better and better.
In the past month she:
- Started waving again. She did this at about 8 months for a few weeks and never again until just recently
- Learned how to clap and now claps if things make her happy or if she wants more food (I think)
- Can put her palm on her mouth while she is making noise to make a sound like an “Indian” like you did as a kid. My husband will do it and then she copies. It’s adorable.
- She does all of these things above when we ask her to now without showing her the action. It’s awesome to know she understands words!
- Started being a little more picky in the food department and generally eating less all the sudden
- Got a really nasty cold
- Is cruising on everything and loves using her new walker toy
- Is in a mix of 9 and 12 month clothes. No idea what she weighs right now. My guess is 17-18 lbs.
A little sleep update… her sleep has been pretty good at night. It got thrown off a bit since she’s been sick the past week or so, but other than that, she sleeps from 6 PM ish to 6 or 7 AM. DST really messed that up as well, though so I’m not really sure what our schedule looks like right now.
She loves to point right now.
Day naps have been a huge struggle though. I feel like she is trying to give up her morning nap already, but isn’t quite ready to not have it yet. She’s still so cranky and acts like she needs the morning nap but pretty much just talks or fusses a little in her crib for an hour and then maybe sleeps 20-30 minutes. She has a solid 2-3 hour afternoon nap from about 11:45-2:00, sometimes longer if she’s really tired.
That cloth butt! I love it.
Her favorites right now include:
- grunting and babbling ALL day
- pulling out her bow (seriously that thing lasts two minutes if I’m lucky)
- still chewing on everything
- the walker toy pictured above that I got for free from my MOPs group – win!
- any food we are eating
- opening and closing drawers and pulling the contents out
It’s starting to get really crazy to look back at her newborn pictures and see just how much she has changed. I’m excited to put something together for next month with all the month photos I have taken and compare.
I love her more than I ever imagine. I thought I couldn’t love her any more than I did when I first met her, but my love has definitely grown for her as her little personality has emerged!
Questions for You:
- When did your little one give up their two nap schedule? I feel like it’s way too early for her to only have one nap, but I know all babies have different sleep needs.
- Does anyone else struggle with actually putting their kid in all their outfits? I had about 4 contenders for our 11 month shoot outfit and feel like we aren’t even going to wear some!