Last week, I bought a big bag of frozen raspberries to make some raspberry lemonade for my Mary Kay party. I have a bunch leftover, so I thought I’d use them in a smoothie.
I’m typically not a huge raspberry person, although fresh ones are delicious. It’s just a fruit I don’t buy often, I guess.
This raspberry oat smoothie turned out great, though! And it’s banana-free for those of you who aren’t bananas about bananas 😉
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup vanilla almond milk
- a swirl or two of raw honey
1. Put all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
2. You may want to add more milk, depending on how thick/thin you prefer your smoothies.
3. I found this smoothie to be quite tart, so I added the honey. How much you add depends on how sweet you like it.
The oats definitely help give it a thicker texture that will make it more filling. I just love how pink it is too!
New Workout Clothes
On a side note, I got some new workout clothes! I won a $50 gift card from some online contest (that I honestly don’t remember entering, but hey – free money!). I haven’t gotten any new workout clothes in quite a while, so I thought it would be fun to treat myself.
Does anyone else get as excited about new workout clothes as I do? I think I’m happier to get new workout clothes over regular clothes these days!
I picked up two tops and some super-comfy capris at Marshalls.
Just an FYI, I think I will be getting all my workout clothes from Marshalls/TJ Maxx from now on. SO CHEAP!
I was really impressed with the selection, except for their shorts. I was really going to get better shorts to run in this summer, but they pretty much had super tight booty shorts or shorts like I already have that ride up all the time. No, thanks! Any suggestions on good running shorts?
I also got this water bottle for $5! I ran all last summer without water, but this summer is too hot and humid to keep doing that. I’m excited to start using this guy.
Isn’t it cute?
Hope you’re having a good week so far! Just one more day ’til the weekend!
Questions for You:
- What’s your go-to workout apparel store? I used to get everything at Target, but Marshalls is so my place now!
- Do you run with or without water?