Hey guys! I’m super excited today because one, I have a new workout to share, and two, my mom is coming to visit me from Colorado!
Here’s me and my mom at my wedding 2 years ago.
Yes, I know we look a lot alike! 🙂
She’s staying until Monday, so it’ll be a quick trip, but a nice long weekend off work, seeing Boston in the fall, and being with one of my favorite women on the planet.
Now new workout time!
Some explanations since these aren’t all that straightforward:
- Squats with figure 8 throws: do a squat with a weight in one hand, when squatting, throw the weight under your legs and toss to your other hand. Stand and repeat, throwing the weight each time.
- Standing Single Leg Bent Over Rows: Stand on one leg with the other leg and your back parallel to the floor. Have weights in both hands and do 10 rows. Switch legs and repeat.
- Single Leg Squats with Hammer Curls: start with weights in both hands, cross one foot over your other knee, squat and curl at the same time. Return to standing keeping foot over other knee. Do 10 reps, switch legs, and repeat.
- Forward Lunges with Overhead Tricep Extension: forgot to say, do 15 reps total. Pretty self explanatory, but use one (or two) weights overhead. Lunge and bend weights back behind your head to work your tris. Return to start and lunge on other leg until you do 15 reps.
- Side Lunges with Single Arm Bicep Curl Into Shoulder Press: Start standing with weight in your left hand. Do a side lunge left, and as you’re lunging, bicep curl the weight up. Stand up from the lunge by sliding the right leg across and then press the bicep curl into a shoulder press above head. Switch the weight into your other hand. Repeat on the other side for one rep.
I did this workout Tuesday morning and was definitely sore in some spots. I followed this up with 25 minutes of elliptical and called it a day.
As for this weekend, I think my mom and I will go downtown, spend lots of time playing with Beans, & go apple picking. I’m excited!
Questions for You:
- What are you doing this weekend? Any fall fun things planned?
- Do you and your mom look alike? Sometimes people ask if we’re sisters!