Happy Friday, friends! How was your week?
Since my sugar detox started Sunday, I can say it’s been a little rough for me. I think my pregnancy cravings are starting to kick in, and at the same time as I am trying to eat a lot healthier, it’s been a little confusing!
Overall, I actually found this week to be hard to be thankful. I was cranky, craving foods I was choosing not to have, and had a really tough week at work covering for someone on vacation. However, that’s exactly why I wanted to do this challenge – so I could be thankful in the midst of all circumstances, even when it’s not convenient.
This week I was thankful for…
1. Our Baby Girl – words can’t even describe how I love this little person already. We feel so blessed that God decided now was the time to give us such a precious gift and welcome a daughter into the world.
I also feel extremely blessed that God has decided we are ready for this. I may not feel particularly ready, but I feel so good to know that God wants me to be a mother and us to be parents.
2. Our Marriage – we wouldn’t be having a baby girl if our marriage wasn’t where it is today. My husband is my everything and has changed my life in so many ways. He is God’s expression of unconditional love to me every single day.
I am so thankful I have a man like him to depend on, love, and cherish who also happens to be the father of our baby. We are both so lucky!
My thankfulness wall is coming along nicely, despite the fact that it fell down three times 😉
3. My Health – I have always been pretty grateful for my health and the fact that I have never had any major health problems. Since getting pregnant, I am especially thankful for my ability to run, though.
I took a big break from running in the beginning due to exhaustion, etc. I just started running again this week & am so so thankful that my pregnant body can do this (for now). It’s amazing what the human body can do. I’m thankful that God made me strong and able to enjoy fitness at the level that I do. I really appreciate that I got some runs in and was feeling good.
4. My Job – I will say one thing – work was hard this week and seems to continue to get busier for me. However, this week I took the time to really think my job.
All of the summer of 2013, I was praying for a job and God provided. I’ve certainly learned a lot at this job that is so valuable to me. While no one really likes to work, I do really enjoy what I do and how it’s grown me as a person. I have what many people are praying for every day – a job, income, and something to fulfill me.
5. Beans! – Oh, how I love this little nugget of mine. He is pretty easy to be thankful for. He is my buddy in all circumstances, never fails to put a smile on my face or comfort me when I’m having a bad day.
Love this bundle of fur!
I’m also really thankful that he has fully recovered from breaking his front legs. It was a tough summer with his injury and surgery, but God got us through it and we are all stronger and closer because of it.
6. That my husband cooked dinner every night this week – I posted this on Instagram last night.
He is great in the kitchen, but lately, he’s the only one in the kitchen. He just takes over and takes care of us and provides a great meal when I am in no mood to cook lengthy recipes. I’m thankful for his patience, his cooking skills, and the fact that after a long day, he is willing to put in the effort for our family to be healthy and fed. Thank you, sweetie.
7. All that God has provided – this sounds trite and corny to me just typing that, but I mean it. I got a new pair of shoes this week and was just really glad that I have all I need and so much more. I have clothes, food, a nice home, a loving family, and a job. There is really nothing lacking that I need.
What are you thankful for?
Did you share a post about thankfulness this week? I’d love to hear what you are thankful for!
Questions for You:
- What are you able to give thanks for in challenging times?
- What simple think wowed you this week?