This has been one of those long weeks for me that dragged by. It was pretty dreary up until yesterday, which didn’t help. Overall, it was a good week though.
5 Things I Ate
My meal plan to carb load this week went well. I don’t feel like I’ve overdone it at all and have still been pretty healthy.
1. Overnight oats. Always a good breakfast staple and good for carb loading 🙂
2. Rotisseri chicken, sweet potatoes, and green beans.
I think I forgot how good rotisseri chicken is. Delish.
3. BAGELS. Lots of bagels. White bagels with cream cheese and jam. #perfectbreakfast
4. Panera! One of my managers at work bought all the admins lunch for admin appreciation week (was last week, but whatev).
Thai chicken salad, turkey pannini, bread, and a cookie. “Carb loading,” right? 😉
5. Salmon, rice, and broccoli.
Simple, but healthier. Always love salmon.
5 Things I’m Loving Lately
1. Seltzer Water.
OMGODDD. I just recently got addicted to this stuff. I already drink water all day, so why not have it taste good too? I tried raspberry lime, orange vanilla, and peach. ALL so good!
This will be a permenant grocery item from now on.
2. Not running as much. I really didn’t work out much at all this week. I ran Wednesday (2 miles) and Thursday (3 miles) and that’s it. It’s been nice to have a break and get some energy back.
3. Teeeeeeaaaa 🙂 I got some “really nice tea” as I call it at Whole Foods. A cup of tea at night or at my desk is the best way for me to calm down and chill out.
4. Being in my groove at work.
Things were rough for a little while since a coworker of mine quit, but I am feeling more balanced again. I am keeping super busy, but also being really productive and am working with new people.
My job has only gotten more rewarding since I started. I’m so thankful!
5. This marathon Alex & Ani bangle.
It will be bought immediately after the marathon as my post-race gift to myself 🙂
5 Random Things
1. I signed up for the BAA 10k again!
I did this race last year and really liked it. Last night, I was on Facebook and saw a post from the BAA about it. I was amazed that the race wasn’t already full, so I signed up!
2. I spent the better part of Thursday organizing my desk at work.
Printed labels for all my files? Yes, I am nerdy.
3. I really need to start a new book. I have a ton on my reading list but I’m not sure which one to start. Sometimes I don’t start reading books just because I can’t make up my mind on what to read first…
4. My puse at the end of the week is like a giant trash bag.
What the heck? Receipts, trash, leftover snacks that never got eaten, hair bands? I don’t even want to know what my purse will look like when I have kids someday… #disaster
5. I’m going to Providence tomorrow! I am so nervous/excited/motivated/pumped/ready for this marathon! Bring it!
See ya after I 26.2!
Questions for You:
- Tell me 5 things about your week.
- What are your plans this weekend?