Happy Tuesday 🙂
Today I woke up a whole year older. It’s my birthday! I thought it would be fun to share 26 (mostly birthday-related) random facts in honor of being 26.
1. Every couple of years, my birthday is on Easter and I love it. Easter is one of my favorite holiday’s to celebrate. I also love that my birthday coincides with bunny-themed stuff & all the Easter candy.
2. 3 years ago, Beans was my unofficial birthday present. This was the day we took him home.
He was so small!
3. I eat my grilled cheese with ketchup. Every time.
4. A year ago yesterday, I ran a 20 mile race to prep for my marathon last year.
I went to work the next day verrrry sore on my birthday. I loved that race, though!
5. I’m actually spending today alone until hubby comes home from work. Then we are going to the same restaurant we went to for my birthday last year.
6. I share my birthday with Ewan McGregor & Christopher Walken.
7. This is my dad’s caller ID on my phone.
I think I’m about 2 there? I remember one of our favorite things to do on the weekend was look at the newspaper with silly putty and put it on the comics. The ink would come off onto the silly putty. It was cool. Have you ever done that before?
8. I could easily live off of croissants & coffee.
9. One of my dreams is to go to Paris (and eat all their croissants & coffee). Much of my house is decorated in Paris-themed stuff. People often think I’ve been to Paris because of this, but I haven’t!
10. I am usually very into my birthday (I blame you, mom!). In fact, it’s usually my birthday week in my eyes 😉 This year, I am just not very into it though, I think because I am patiently waiting to know the date of my own daughter’s birthday! 18 days until my due date. Any time now, sweetie!
11. The reason I am totally obsessed with bee things is because my name means “honey bee” in Greek.
Once my mom found this out, I started getting lots of bee stuff from her and I love it all!
12. One of my favorite birthday presents as a kid was getting my first real bike. It was my 9th birthday and my parents walked me outside to see a teal green bike with a big bow on it. I think the first time I tried riding it, I fell right over! I guess it had been a while since I rode one…
13. I am mildly addicted to flavored seltzer water.
The thought of having to buy water always seemed dumb to me, until I found seltzer.
14. My grandpa texted me at about 3 AM this morning saying he was trying to be the first one to wish me a happy birthday. He was! Cute!
15. Here’s me & my husband (then boyfriend!) on my 21st birthday.
Wow, do we look young to me! I had a wild night of going out to dinner with him & my parents 😉
16. I am older than my husband. He actually couldn’t drink with me on my 21st because he was still 20! I am exactly 100 days older than him.
17. I am dying to have a drink. I might have a few sips of some wine tonight if my hubby orders one. I think I want my first postpartum drink to be a nice crisp cider or a Blue Moon.
18. Although I didn’t move to Colorado until I was 8 (I was born in Califorinia), I pretty much consider myself a native.
Close enough, right?
19. I was baptized with my husband at the same time at the church we were currently going to. It was awesome. Then we got engaged the next weekend.
20. I consider running my marathon one of my best acheivements in life so far.
I never thought I could be athletic or stick to a goal so tedious and large. I can’t wait to train for another one!
21. I am named after the Allman Brother’s song “Sweet Melissa.”
22. My husband is the person who had changed me the most. He is so positive, optimistic, & encouraging, which has helped me become so much better of a person.
23. As a kid, my birthday was either over spring break or it was a snow storm. I very rarely got to celebrate my birthday at school.
24. My middle name is Renee. Growing up, I sometimes wished that was my first name.
25. I’ve had the same exact hair style for years.
Sometimes I let it get a little longer, but in all the pictures I look back on, it’s exactly the same for at least the past five years. Whatever!
26. Today, I’m going to take myself on a little Starbucks date for my free birthday drink & then I’m heading to the mall for a mani & pedi and some window shopping.
Questions for You:
- How do you like to spend your birthday? Is your birthday a big deal to you?
- Tell me a totally random fact about yourself.