It’s already the middle of January! Can you believe it?It’s hard for me to believe that the holidays have really been over for that long, but the many people who are still leaving their lights up sure aren’t helping me forget the holidays passed!
That is the biggest pet peeve of mine. White lights… okay, you are forgiven. Full on flashing colorful lights and lit up reindeer’s in your yard? Sorry, that needs to go like yesterday. Every year I still see lights up well into February, and it drives me bonkers!
Anyway, I thought today would be a good day to check in how I’m doing with my goals for the New Year. It’s been a good 2 weeks since I put those goals out there but the month isn’t over yet.
1. Focus on taking care of myself.
This is has been my biggest focus so far, since I needed so much work in this area. I’m not all the way there and being sick for the first full week of the year didn’t help me get off to a good start. But, so far I have…
- started PiYo. It’s definitely an easier workout than my norm, but I think it’s really good for where I’m at in pregnancy right now. The stretching feels good and it’s a nice change. I think I’ll stick with it.
- started listening to Hypnobabies. I’m not super consistent with it yet, but so far it has already made a difference in my stress levels. Will definitely go into more detail on this soon.
- have been eating generally healthier, at least having a healthy lunch packed each day for work, etc.
Some things I want to work on are:
- drinking more water. I can never get enough!
- get to bed earlier. I haven’t been terrible with this, but this week just happened to be really busy and I definitely didn’t get enough sleep.
- gain consistency in doing both PiYo (5-6 days a week) and Hypnobabies (daily). I know it’ll come soon if I just stick with them both.
- consistent prayer time. I just ordered this new devotional, but haven’t gotten it yet. Hoping that helps me jump-start my time with God.
- JOURNAL. I need to do this, so badly. It makes me feel a lot better.
Overall, I am feeling a big difference in my physical and mental well-being.
2. Clean out our basement & do a serious house purge.
We did tackle a big chunk of this over New Year’s weekend. We seriously organized our basement that was a mess and I made a huge pile of stuff to take to Goodwill. I still need to actually take that stuff to Goodwill though. 😉
I realized I didn’t actually set any specific goals for this, but I want to:
- clean out/organize our pantry area
- clean out our guest room closet to make room for baby’s things
- Go through the things in the basement one more time. We just organized it all, really, but did not purge enough
- deep clean the house really well one final time before baby gets here
3. Finish my wedding scrapbook.
I still haven’t touched this one! Someone give me the motivation to do it this weekend?! I think once I get my hands on all the pictures again, I’ll get all sentimental and want to finish it.
So, this post was really more for myself than anything else. I absolutely love checking in my goals to keep myself accountable and see where my progress is at.
Have a Happy Friday and a fantastic weekend!
Questions for You:
- How are you doing with any goals you’ve recently set?
- Do you check in with yourself about goals or not?