Hey guys! Happy Friday!
Last I mentioned, I was feeling pretty disconnected from the online world due to my internet being out. Well, my internet was intermittently out again all of this week.
Comcast came back for the third time and the guy finally figured out that my outside cable was chewed by a squirrel… Yup! That would make for some pretty bad internet. So we got a new cable and everything has been working fine since! Thank Goodness!
I saw this survey on Emily and Danica’s blogs recently and thought it looked fun. I actually started drafting this post 3 days ago, but wasn’t able to finish it because of the internet! So here we go 🙂
1. What brings you the most joy?
My husband, running, Beans, organizing things, being with family, reading a great book, writing and journaling, doing a good workout, eating croissants, drinking coffee, being outside in the sun, accomplishing things, making a difference, and baking.
2. What are your vices?
Going to TJ Maxx or Target and buying everything I see. Wasting time on social media. And wishing things were ideal or perfect. Wanting to sign up for every race all the time. And Alex and Ani.
3. What is on your nightstand?
Now that my bed is in the corner and I sleep on that side, I don’t really have a nightstand.
I use this $1 bucket I got at Target to put random stuff in now that hangs from my curtain pull back. Fancy!
4. Do you have a secret talent?
Um… I make good cookies? 🙂
5. What is your greatest indulgence?
Cookies? Really probably all dessert. And Instagram. #addicted
6. What should every woman try at least once in her life?
Being herself 🙂 To stop pretending, stop faking, and just let yourself be you. That sounds so corny, but I think too many women go through life trying to mold themselves into someone else when they should just be who they are!
7. What makes you laugh?
probably this guy.
What a goof ball!
8. What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
I don’t run with my wedding ring on. I can’t stand it! Okay, that’s not that surprising… But that’s what ya get.
9. What is on your bucket list?
Run a marathon
Run more marathons. Run the Boston Marathon. Run a Disney Marathon.
Non running related… I want to travel Europe. Go on a mission trip. Make my own croissants and macarons one day.
10. What’s on your feet right now?
These sexy slippers from Kohl’s.
11. How did you make your first dollar?
Babysitting for sure! My first over the table dollar was probably from working at a printing company when I was 15.
12. What superstition do you believe in?
Hmm, I can’t really think of anything at the moment. Black cats kind of freak me out, though.
13. What items in your closet do you wear the most?
For work, black pants and black heels. Outside of work, workout clothes! Lately, this is my go-to favorite work combo though.
14. What is the best gift you’ve ever received?
Jesus. My husband. The gift of being able to run!
15. What is on your liquor shelf?
We have a little much these days… the whole first shelf is booze!
We don’t drink any of this on a regular basis, though. I don’t know where it all came from!
16. What is on your kitchen counter?
It’s actually very clean as of late. I keep a pitcher with utensils in it, a bowl of fruit/bread/snacks, the toaster oven, the coffee pot, and a roll of paper towels. Pretty standard.
17. What would you never leave home without?
My phone and keys.
18. What movie has the greatest ending?
The Little Mermaid. I cry every time her dad says goodbye to her!
19. Who is on the guest list for your ideal dinner party?
Um, all my good friends? I’m not really into celebrities or anything like that, but I think it’d be interesting to have dinner with Sheryl Sandburg, Mark Zuckerburg, Paul McCartney, Obama, and Brad Pitt. All at the same dinner.
20. What is one thing you wish you had known when you were younger?
I wish I’d known that the hard things, the ones that are brutal to endure, are the ones that grow you, the experiences that are worth it. I think this is something I’m learning all the time – not to be afraid of things being hard. Those experiences are usually the only ones that grow you with lasting impact!
Have a great weekend! 🙂
Questions for you:
- Tell me 3 random things from this list.
- What are you doing this weekend?
- Are you getting busier because of summer?